Monday Coffee Break + Weekend Recap
Happy Monday, y’all!
These weekends just fly by, don’t they? I swear it was just Friday, but I think that every weekend. We have a nice 4 day week ahead of us, though, and I can’t wait for the shorter week! We’re taking a small road trip (see deets below), and we’ve been so busy and had so much going on that it’s going to be so nice to get away for a bit!
But before looking ahead to that, a quick recap of our weekend-
- Soup party. A few years ago, my mom started a family soup party. It’s exactly what it sounds like. Everyone brings a soup and it’s a party. Since we don’t get up to PA for that anymore, we started our own version of this last year. Saturday was our second annual soup party, and I don’t mean to brag…but it was amazing. It was a little warmer than I wanted, but there were so.many amazing soups (we give away a Golden Ladle y’all, so it’s tough competition) And thankfully it did cool down enough at night that we got to have a fire and s’mores (my fave), so it all was perfect. I feel like fall is so busy for everyone, so while this is another event to attend, it was so good catching up with friends we don’t get to see that often.
- Mindhunter. Have y’all seen this? It’s a new Netflix show that follows the beginning of the Behavioral Science Unit of the FBI. Weird quirk about me: I’m incredibly intrigued by serial killers. Not in a creepy way! It’s just a really interesting subject. ANYWAY. This show is SO.GOOD if not a tad creepy (a given considering the subject matter). It has also brought to light some fears of my- namely, being sleep-murdered by my husband. We’re all allowed our irrational fears, ok?! Dan sleep walks. It could happen. Moving on.
- Sports. I’m a sports fan, and every single thing possible let me down this weekend. My Denver Broncos lost in horrendous fashion. My fantasy football team did TERRIBLE, and my OKC Thunder let me down- to Dan’s favorite team, no less. I’m done with sports until tennis comes back.
- Shopping. We rarely go shopping, but Dan needed a little wardrobe sprucing so we hit up the outlets on Sunday! Y’all. I’ve been on a search for the perfect (read: affordable) vest for YEARS, and my patience paid off. It’s neutral and fits and perfect and was 50% off at the gap. YES, please.
And Looking Ahead…
- We have a short week because we’re leaving for Ohio on Thursday! My best friend from high school lives in Columbus, and I can’t wait to see her and her husband (who I went to college with. They’re married cause of me, basically. NBD.). We’re driving overnight so the kids sleep, so it’ll definitely be a long trip, BUT so worth it. I’m pumped.
- Blackmon transitions! So I can’t say too much about this quite yet, BUT. Dan is in the midst of an exciting transition, and I’m starting an undertaking that will *hopefully* launch in mid-November. (Subscribe to the blog to be in on the news early)! This all includes some busy days and long nights, but worth it!
- Zoey pulled herself up this weekend. Girl will be walking within 3 months, and I just can’t.
And lastly- my usual love affair with my fave trendy online boutique, Pink Blush. I don’t think I even need to mention how soft this top is- it’s the perfect shirt for the warmer fall weather we’ve been having, and it is sooo nursing friendly! Shop it here!
Make sure you’re following along on Instagram to keep up with our day-to-day and our road trip insights with two littles!
I hope y’all had a great weekend, and I’d love to hear one thing you’re looking forward to this week in the comments!
Top courtesy of Pink Blush, but all thoughts and opinions 100% my own.