I’m a Mama Blogger- Joining the Blogosphere
Ya’ll. I’m doing it. Starting a mama blog. Hitting “publish” on this and then sharing on social media was probably the most uncomfortable I’ve been in a while (and I’m only 9 weeks removed from having a baby, which is pretty darn uncomfortable).
I’ve always loved writing, but I’ve always been incredibly uneasy with other people reading my writing. However, I’ve recently become a stay-at-home-mama, and I’m in desperate need of an outlet. Some small thing that’s for me, that I’m excited about. And I got really excited about branching out of my comfort zone and sharing the everyday things I’m learning. So I’m swallowing the lump in my throat and just doing it.
Guys, there are A LOT of mama blogs out there. I realized this when doing some research. And it’s a little intimidating because I definitely don’t feel like I have any sage wisdom or life secrets, so what, exactly, am I adding to the blogosphere? Basically just my stories and my perspective. Every mamahood journey is different and unique, and I’m going to use this little corner of the inter-web to share snippets of mine. I want to authentically share these mamahood moments, the good, the bad, the pretty, and the ugly. Maybe also expect to see the occasional post on what book I’m reading, what race I’m training for, or what I’m loving lately. I hope you’ll follow along and laugh (and cry) with me!
My name is Alexandra (Alex) Blackmon, and I’m located in the tiny town of Mount Holly, right outside of Charlotte, NC. If you don’t know me, or know much about me, I’m listing a few “get-to-know-you” facts as my introduction to the mama-blogging universe!
- I was born on Valentine’s Day. Truly. February 14th. And I love it. My husband claims he does, too. But yes, he has to do double duty.
- I recently quit my restaurant management job to be a SAHM to my two littles. It’s only been 9 weeks, but so far it’s been such a great change of pace for me and my family. And I actually see my husband now, so that’s a definite plus.
- I was an English major in college (George Mason University), so that’s been really useful to prove I can, ya know, read and write.
- I really value being active. Running is my favorite, and I like to take my kiddos for walks. My husband and I love to try and get out to hike (when we can find the time, these days…). Exercise is definitely my stress relief.
- I did not become a coffee drinker until kids. I tried really hard during my 3 hour night Shakespeare class in college (nothing puts me to sleep faster than Shakespeare’s histories, sorry), but I couldn’t do it. When I had my son, I started a casual dalliance with coffee. It became a full-blown addiction after having my daughter.
- I love ice cream, chocolate milk, and I have an (unhealthy) obsession with Peanut M&M’s. Without exaggeration, they’re the best junk food every created.
A quick introduction to the family- the stars of the blog. You’ll be hearing about these people pretty much non-stop, so get familiar!
My oldest little, Oliver. He is almost TWO and I just cannot believe it. My baby (I know, he’s actually a toddler- I’m working on it) boy is the sweetest, most social little boy who is just too cool to have his picture taken. He is also incredibly obsessed with that bear.
My littlest little, Zoey. She just turned two months old. We’ve had a very fussy first two months, BUT after cutting out dairy (future post on that), she seems to be doing much better and she can be just the sweetest little thing!
And last but not least, my better half, 50% of the reason for this blog, the husband- Dan. He is the most supportive and hardest working man I know, and I’m lucky enough to be celebrating 6 years married to him in July!
I can’t wait to really dig in and get comfortable here! If you stopped by, say “Hi” in the comments, and please feel free to leave some blogging advice/encouragement- I’ll take all the help I can get as I delve into this new endeavor!
Have a phenomenal day!