Coffee Break! A Little Family Update
So this post is going to be a little different than what I’ve written lately. I had a few ‘better’ ones planned out, but life happened (and by life I mean the US Open), and I haven’t been quite as productive as I probably should have been. I don’t feel bad about it.
Y’all, have you ever felt how quickly life moves? I know we all know it goes fast, but have you felt it?
I’m feeling it this week, for some reason. Summer is essentially over (though not the summer weather here in Charlotte). I was filling out our calendar the other day and no lie, September and October are pretty much full. Already. And I just feel like I’m on a treadmill on like, speed 12, and my feet are tripping over themselves trying to keep up.
So I’ve allowed myself a small coffee break this week, if you will, to just…breathe. And try to catch up and enjoy where I am right now. So I wanted to do a light post to catch you up on my little family and life and, I don’t know, just to talk, basically. So grab some coffee and talk (read) to me a bit!
- T.I.R.E.D. I almost feel like it’s a cliche for a mom to say that she’s tired- it’s the answer every mom gives to any question ever. Mine is pretty self inflicted, though. I mentioned the US Open above. I’m an avid tennis fan, and my fave, Roger Federer, has played all late night matches. Which is great- really, phenomenal- but it means I’ve stayed up until, like, midnight the past week and half. Also the week Zoey decides to start waking up about 3 times a night. (Perfect timing, Zo-Zo!) BUT, unfortunately, Federer lost. I was legit sick to my stomach, but it’ll actually be very helpful for sleeping.
- Oliver started preschool! He’s in a little 2 year old class, and he goes three days a week for three hours, and it’s just enough time for me to get some errands done, hang out with Zoey, get a workout in, or, ya know, nap (see point 1). He’s such a social kid, and he goes a little stir crazy sticking at home with me and Zo-Zo so it’s perfect for him! Bonus- he takes a PHENOMENAL nap afterwards!
- I’ve been doing a nutritional bootcamp run by my insta-friend Kara. It’s eating really clean- whole foods, minimally processed, gluten-free and minimal dairy (don’t worry, you can have coffee). I’m about a week and a half in, and it’s going great but hard. In general, Dan and I know how to eat pretty healthy. It’s accountability I’ve never really had, and this program provides that, which is great! Kara is so supportive and provides great meal plan options, recipes, and a phenomenal work out program. It’s with a small group of other woman, and they have all been so supportive and encouraging! In just a week and a half, y’all, my skin is so much clearer and I can tell a noticeable difference in tightness/tone of my body. Check it out in more detail here if you’re interested!
- I have a few trips coming up! At the end of this month I’m trekking up to PA for my sister in law’s baby shower! I always love going back home for a little while, and I’m really excited this time because while we’re gone, Dan is staying home to repaint Oliver’s room! We’re transitioning it to a little toddler room for him, so send me your best toddler dinosaur room ideas and DIY’s! Theeeen at the end of October, we’re going up to Ohio to visit my best friend from high school, and I can’t wait!! Life happens and I don’t get to see her often, so I’m really excited.
- Oliver is OBSESSED with dinosaurs, y’all. Like, he wakes up asking for his “di-do’s”. I have seen The Land Before Time movies more times than I can count, and the majority of his clothes now have dinosaurs on them. Dan and I have been debating whether or not Oliver knows they’re not real anymore…we’re gunna wait to tell him.
So that’s a quick recap of what’s going on in our life lately! And also. Before you go. I know I’ve talked about the amazing trendy online boutique, Pink Blush. I have legit loved everything I’ve gotten from them, but guys. This shirt.
I’m obsessed with this shirt. Almost as obsessed as Oliver is with his dinosaurs. It is easily my absolute favorite thing in my wardrobe right now.
I LOVE the mauve color- so perfect for fall! And the lace. Oh. My. Gosh. It’s so pretty.
It also makes it absolutely perfect for Charlotte’s fall, which is still pretty warm. I love love love this shirt, y’all. Get it yourself here!
Alright friends, thanks for letting me talk for a little about pretty much nothing, but sometimes it’s nice to just give an update to friends and family who don’t live close by! Please leave me a comment giving me an update on your life, too! I’d love to hear what’s going on with y’all. And dinosaur room ideas- seriously.
PS- if you’re new and want to get to know me a little deeper, check out my super vulnerable post last week about my struggles with parenting!
Have a phenomenal day!