A Belated Tribute to the Daddy
You know that cliche, “I never knew how much I loved your daddy until I saw how much he loved you?” I never really liked it. I guess I always just assumed Dan would be a good dad, so it never held much traction with me that I could actually love him more when I saw him with babies.
Ya’ll, my heart absolutely melted the first time I saw Dan holding Oliver. And it completely melted again when I saw him hold Zoey for the first time. I don’t know that I necessarily fell more in love with Dan as I just had this feeling of…completeness. Reassurance and joy. This was the man that I got to spend the rest of my life with, and I have never felt so confident that he was the best life partner, the best father, I could have ever imagined.
I have never had more appreciation for a human being. He works so incredibly hard without a complaint, and he has been so supportive of me staying home after Zoey. This man is my biggest blessing- there is absolutely no other person with whom I would rather do this parenting journey. He has challenged me and pushed me, and I could never be any type of mommy to these kids without him on the other side as their daddy. Oliver and Zoey have no clue yet, but they are the luckiest of kiddos to have him.
And just because he has no idea I’m writing this post and he’s the most private person I’ve ever met, here are 5 fun facts about Dan!
- He hates mushrooms. He will eat absolutely anything…except for mushrooms.
- The man can fall asleep anywhere, anytime, anyway. It’s seriously a talent.
- He is a diehard sports fan, and in some sports, for instance basketball, his favorite team is pretty terrible (Minnesota Timberwolves). But he has this unending optimism that they’ll actually be good, and it’s really cute.
- He was born in Korea, lived in Minnesota until 8th grade, did high school and college in Colorado, we met in California, he went to graduate school in Connecticut, and now we live in Charlotte, NC. He’s been around.
- He is the most loyal person ever. Once he is in your life, you can count on him for anything.
Happy (belated) Father’s Day to all the daddy’s out there!
Have a phenomenal day!